Becoming a Transformational Church
You find information about serving at HHBC, including how to evaluate your spiritual gifts on this page.
Our mission is to:
Learn God’s word
Love God’s people
Live for God’s glory
HHBC is conveniently located 1/2 mile south of Exit 113 on Interstate-64 (map)
You can explore us further by using the "About HHBC" tab above
Series Title: The covenant continues: The love of God and the legacy of Jacob
A study of the life of Jacob
Message Title: Children of Jacob: Fathers of Israel
by: Pastor Gary Yochum
Scripture Reference: Genesis 29.31-30.24
old testament, genesis
Central Thought: Despite our tendency to manipulate our circumstances, God’s purposes prevail. ...
Central Thought: Despite our tendency to manipulate our circumstances, God’s purposes prevail.
I. Leah has four sons (29.31-35)
A. Leah desires Jacob’s true affection (31-34)
B. Leah focuses her gladness on God (35)
II. Bilhah has two sons (30.1-8)
A. Rachel blames Jacob for her barrenness (1-2)
B. Bilhah has two sons (3-8)
III. Leah and Zilpah have more sons (9-21)
A. Leah employs Rachel’s tactics: Zilpah has two sons (9-13)
B. Rachel trades Jacob’s favors for a chance at babies (14-15)
C. Leah has two sons and a daughter (16-21)
IV. Finally, Rachel has a son (22-24)
Joseph’s birth almost seems anticlimactic – but he will save God’s people from starving.
Revelations about God
- God is present and active in the midst of conflict and rivalry.
- God is giver and withholder of life
- God uses unexpected vessels to accomplish His will
- God is benevolent and merciful - He sees our circumstances and hears our prayers
- Your worth is not determined by the love of others - but by your relationship with God.
- Note the sanctify of life principle: God opens wombs and closes wombs.
- Your circumstances are never outside of God’s concern or God’s reach.
- Sermon Audio
Aug 3 2015
We are in the middle of a series that highlights the four essential components of a biblical gospel: God, Man, Christ, Response. I hope you are growing in your understanding of how these four pieces go together so that you can more fully understand the gospel and more carefully explain it/testify about it to others. I welcome your feedback. ...