Our mission is to:
Learn God’s word
Love God’s people
Live for God’s glory
HHBC is conveniently located 1/2 mile south of Exit 113 on Interstate-64 (map)
You can explore us further by using the "About HHBC" tab above
Series Title: Isaac: What it means to be a child of the promise
(A brief look at the life of Isaac)
Message Title: God works in mysterious ways His will be done
by: Pastor Gary Yochum
Scripture Reference: Genesis 27
old testament, genesis
Central thought: Sometimes the path of God’s will is mysterious; but His purposes never fail ...
Central thought: Sometimes the path of God’s will is mysterious; but His purposes never fail
- The Promise: a blessing for a meal (1-4)
- The Plot: to steal a blessing (5-13)
- The Deception: mission accomplished (14-25)
- The Blessing: continuing the covenant (26-29)
- The Discovery: foiled and very angry (30-38)
- The Anti-blessing: violent, unpromising future (39-40)
- The Escape: Jacob is sent to Haran (Laban) (41-45)
Two important questions:
1) What should we think about the deceitful way that Rebekah and Jacob used to get the blessing?
2) Why would God ordain or permit such an approach?
1. Be careful that desires for pleasure do not become opportunities for sin
2. Regarding family relationships . . .
a. Guard against allowing general affection for children becoming a wedge in your marriage
b. Guard against using children in plans to get your way – even if the children would gain by it
- Sermon Audio
Sep 10 2014
I hope you are finding the sermon series on the life of David helpful and encouraging. Last week we time-warped from David’s escape from the murderous hand of Saul to David’s ascension to the throne (II Samuel 6). This Sunday we will study about God’s covenant with David (II Samuel 7). (I invite you to read II Sam 7.1-17 before Sunday morning.) This passage is immensely significant in understanding God’s “Big Story” (the overall narrative of the Scripture). We will identify several places in the Davidic Covenant that make (ultimate) reference to Jesus. ...