Jan 13 2019
20. Q. Who is the Redeemer??
A. The only Redeemer is the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jan 6 2019
19. Q. Is there any way to escape punishment and be brought back into God’s favor?
A. Yes, God reconciles us to himself by a Redeemer.
Dec 30 2018
18. Q. Will God allow our disobedience and idolatry to go unpunished?
A. No, God is righteously angry with our sins and will punish them both in this life, and in the Life to come.
Dec 23 2018
17. Q. What is idolatry?
A. Idolatry is trusting in created things rather than the Creator.
Dec 16 2018
16. Q. What is sin?
A. Sin is rejecting or ignoring God in the world he created, not being or doing what he requires in his law.
Dec 9 2018
15. Q. Since no one can keep the law, what is its purpose?
A. That we may know the holy nature of God, and the sinful nature of our hearts; and thus our need of a Savior.
Dec 2 2018
14. Q. Did God create us unable to keep his law?
A. No, but because of the disobedience of Adam and Eve we are all born in sin and guilt, unable to keep God’s law.
Nov 25 2018
13. Q. Can anyone keep the law of God perfectly?
A. Since the fall, no human has been able to keep the law of God perfectly.
Nov 18 2018
12. Q. What does God require in the ninth and tenth commandments??
A. Ninth, that we do not lie or deceive. Tenth, that we are content, not envying anyone.
Nov 11 2018
11. Q. What does God require in the sixth, seventh, and eighth commandments?
A. Sixth, that we do not hurt or hate our neighbor. Seventh, that we live purely and faithfully. Eighth that we do not take without permission that which belongs to someone else.