Dec 9 2018
15. Q. Since no one can keep the law, what is its purpose?
A. That we may know the holy nature of God, and the sinful nature of our hearts; and thus our need of a Savior.
Dec 2 2018
14. Q. Did God create us unable to keep his law?
A. No, but because of the disobedience of Adam and Eve we are all born in sin and guilt, unable to keep God’s law.
Nov 25 2018
13. Q. Can anyone keep the law of God perfectly?
A. Since the fall, no human has been able to keep the law of God perfectly.
Nov 18 2018
12. Q. What does God require in the ninth and tenth commandments??
A. Ninth, that we do not lie or deceive. Tenth, that we are content, not envying anyone.
Nov 11 2018
11. Q. What does God require in the sixth, seventh, and eighth commandments?
A. Sixth, that we do not hurt or hate our neighbor. Seventh, that we live purely and faithfully. Eighth that we do not take without permission that which belongs to someone else.
Nov 4 2018
10. Q. What does God require in the fourth and fifth commandments?
A. Fourth, that on the Sabbath day we spend time in worship of God. Fifth, that we love and honor our father and our mother.
Oct 28 2018
9. Q. What does God require in the first, second, and third commandments?
A. First, that we know God as the only true God. Second, that we avoid all idolatry. Third, that we treat God’s name with fear and reverence.
Oct 21 2018
8. Q. What is the law of God stated in the Ten Commandments?
A. you shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your god. remember the sabbath day by keeping it holy. Honor your father and mother. You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not give false testimony. you shall not covet.
Oct 14 2018
7. Q. What does the law of God require?
A. That we love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength; and love our neighbor as ourselves.
Oct 7 2018
6. Q. How can we glorify God?
A. By loving him and by obeying his commands and law.