Apr 21 2019
32. Q. What do justification and sanctification mean?
A. Justification means our declared righteousness before God. Sanctification means our gradual, growing righteousness.
Apr 14 2019
31. Q. What do we believe by true faith?
A. We believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord, who was conceived by the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
Apr 7 2019
30. Q. What is faith in Jesus Christ?
A. Receiving and resting on him alone for salvation as he is offered to us in the gospel.
Mar 31 2019
29. Q. How can we be saved?
A. Only by faith in Jesus Christ and in his substitutionary atoning death on the cross.
Mar 24 2019
28. Q. What happens after death to those not united to Christ by faith?
A. They will be cast out from the presence of God, into hell, to be justly punished, forever.
Mar 17 2019
27. Q. Are all people, just as they were lost through Adam, saved through Christ?
A. No, only those who are elected by God and united to Christ by faith.
Mar 10 2019
26. Q. What else does Christ’s death redeem?
A. Every part of fallen creation.
Mar 3 2019
25. Q. Does Christ’s death mean all our sins can be forgiven?
A. Yes, because Christ’s death on the cross fully paid the penalty for our sin, God will remember our sins no more.
Feb 24 2019
24. Q. Why was it necessary for Christ, the Redeemer, to die?
A. Christ died willingly in our place to deliver us from the power and penalty of sin and bring us back to God.
Feb 10 2019
23. Q. Why must the Redeemer be truly God?
A. That because of his divine nature his obedience and suffering would be perfect and effective.